Wednesday, May 9, 2007

quickie!

Hello dear readers,
i'm sorry for the long spacing in between posts but my finals have just been killing me!

So i have a short thing to put up. Due to my recent Napa adventure a few months back i've had this outrageous wine kick. Sadly i can't actually drink any of the wine till finals are over because i want to be a studious student (oh snaps alliteration) but i do want to show you all what came into the mail for me today.

I lovedddddd the 2003 Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve from Mondavi when I went there so I figured the older the better right?

1991 off ebay. Oh i love you ebay and your low low costs. Half off retail? What a steal!

And look at all the great health properties!
  • In late 2006, the Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology published the result of studies conducted at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine that showed the beneficial relationship of Cabernet Sauvignon in reducing the risk factors associated with Alzheimer's disease. The study showed that resveratrol, a compound found in all red wine, can reduce levels of amyloid beta peptides, which attack brains cells and are part of the etiology of Alzheimer's. [2]
  • Resveratrol has also been shown to promote the clearance of amyloid-beta peptides.[2]
It has also been shown that non-alcoholic extracts of Cabernet Sauvignon protect hypertensive rats during ischaemia and reperfusion
so Mr. 1991 reserve, I'd like to make a reservation with you + me + a nice steak after finals? for my health of course...
anyone care to join me? =) (sigh no WP's to be seen)

3 comments:

KirkK said...

Dude - Now admit it.....you just like to drink, don't you???

Charlie Fu said...

kirk: i'm a law student, its not called the Bar exam for nothing! =)

KirkK said...

LOL! Good luck...not that you need it!